Friday, January 25, 2013

It's a Start!

Aye!

So, I've pushed this blog back to every other week. Maybe a weekly basis was a little too ambitious, but eventually who knows.

In these past two weeks I've finally secured my plans for an internship! I'm going to be working with my previous Business of Music professor Zachary Jablow. Dude is also a producer and music business consultant who has worked with huge companies such as Universal, Sony, and MTV along with rising artists like Chance the Rapper and Asher Roth. You can check the details here if you'd like:
http://www.foxandthemule.com/
Apparently for this internship I'll be working on an album with him, while also learning the famous Apple digital audio workstation (DAW) Logic and learning about studio equipment.
What I'm actually expecting?
Mostly the 'B' work. He also mentioned I have to run errands for him and his clients. As well as set-up and break down said studio equipment for each session. But hey, I don't mind. I get to experience first hand what I'll have to be doing myself for a while once I get outta school. Plus, this is a huge opportunity to network with uprising artists. Regardless of the cons, the experience is gonna be pretty awesome.
I'm also still waiting on another internship, which actually was referred to my by Zak as well. Hopefully I'll also be working with the production/artist duo Best Friends on things like marketing, promotion, and web presence. Another learn-as-you-go experience.
Even if I'm not officially an intern yet, their music is still pretty catchy. If you're a fan of indie/electronic music check 'em out here:
https://soundcloud.com/thisisbestfriends/sets/bstfrnds-1/s-VOcZc
www.thisisbestfriends.com

In Other News 


I got that other piece of equipment I talked about in my last post! Along with a hand-made cajon (pronounced ka-hoe-n) with a shaker as a sort of gift. I'm trying to build my arsenal of studio equipment and live performance equipment this year so I'm better prepared to "work" in and out of home.

 Its a flamenco-style cajon hand-drum. All that means is it has guitar strings inside of it that can be tuned to a certain pitch when hit.
Reflection filter for cleaner vocals.

















Anyway

I'm looking forward to the future here. Lately I haven't had too much time to write songs or produce a track and hopefully by the next post I'll have something on here to listen to. 

Outro.

No comments:

Post a Comment